Open a treasure chest of ancient Christian wisdom that will enrich your experience and appreciation of the psalms. Gathered together in this book are reflections from some of the greatest saints of the early church on the psalms. Each of the short chapters on selected psalms is designed to help you pray these beautiful and personal Old Testament songs – not just to read or recite them, but to make them part of your lives. Each chapter features:
- The complete text of the psalm in the Revised Standard Version translation.
- A brief introduction that sets the psalm in context “Words to remember” – a few lines to recall throughout the day.
- Short reflections in modernized language from one or two great early Christian thinkers.
- Questions to help you apply the words of the psalm and the ideas of the early Christian writers to your life.
- Brief biographies of the men and women quoted in the book.