Curt Jester tagged me for a meme.
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
This week: The Creche.
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
Sub tuum praesidium. It dates at least to third-century Egypt, and probably further back than that. When I pray this one, I feel like I’m calling on the best old habits of all of heaven.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear the brown scapular.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
5. Do you offer up your sufferings?
Yes, always with my Morning Offering. I’m trying to do it more consciously and often throughout the day.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No. But I do have certain observances for every Friday and Saturday.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
I try to make a visit to the tabernacle once a day.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
The Blessed Virgin and St. Joseph — and, putting those first two names together, St. Josemaria. The Apostles. The Fathers, especially Jerome, Augustine, Clement of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Cyril of Alexandria, Irenaeus … Gosh, I’d better stop.
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Oh yeah! How do people get through the day otherwise?
13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
More and more as I grow older. As an old apostate once said: the bell tolls for thee. So too does the siren blare.